Help children grow socially, intellectually and ethically in an environment characterized by freedom and respect.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Vacation: Stat holidays, Two Weeks Winter Holidays, March Break, PD Days
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide oversight of the development of children with the goal of self-regulation and self-directed learning
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress through Transparent Classroom, or by talking to them on the phone
- Maintain the upkeep of the prepared environment
- Prioritize observation time throughout the week
- Update Transparent Classroom with photos and observations
- Create a safe and happy environment in which children are free to explore their interests and behave in a way that makes them feel good about themselves
Working at Montessori School of Wellington
The Montessori School of Wellington provides an individualized, challenging, and nurturing learning environment for children in which their progress unfolds naturally.
The skills and habits that children develop in a Montessori classroom will last their entire lifetime.
The Montessori School of Wellington is the only CCMA-accredited Montessori daycare in Guelph. Our Toddler program accepts children between 1 ½ and 2 ½ years of age, who may continue in the program for up to 1 year (until Casa or pre-school age)
Our daycare program accepts children starting between 2 ½ and 3 ½ years of age and children may continue in the program for up to 3 years (until primary school age).
Meet the Team
I’m Glynis Hamilton, the owner of the Montessori School of Wellington, and I truly love what I do.
For the past 25 years, I’ve gone from being on the front line in the classroom to working in an office where I do more administrative tasks, but my door is almost always open to the classroom where I might hear children’s giggles and welcome them in for a visit.
Health & Safety
Our school has a medical-grade air cleaner installed. Our staff is also equipped with N95 face masks to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
Weather permitting, we spend as much time outdoors as possible and continue to diligently clean, disinfect and take all the usual precautions.
Apply to the Montessori School of Wellington
We value and appreciate all applications, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.